Saturday, July 2, 2016

When I Started Walking

I drove the car the several miles out of town and left it, gave the keys to a neighbor to give to her. Might as well. Already gave her the house, the furniture, the land, chunk of money. Took my bicycle, clothes, books, computer, coffee pot, a cup, a dish, a bowl, a glass, a knife, a fork, a spoon. What more does a man need? 

As I walked down the two-lane forest road to town, a Babe-Angel in a pickup pulled up, smiled, said “You want a ride?” No fool, I said yes and climbed in. A pleasant ride into town. Never saw her before nor have seen her since. Babe-Angels pop up in my life when needed and when least expected. I am thankful.

Got out of the pickup and started walking. No car for 14 years now. Walking Flagstaff.

No comments:

Post a Comment